Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

CHEATING IN POKER



I thought cheating in poker is a forgotten thing dated back to the time of “saloon” poker games, Wild West or earlier 20th century. Recently, I found out it is a present matter also in big tournaments around the world.

I didn’t imagine how cheating can work at the poker table today. With the newest technology and an accomplice it happened lately in Europe for example. I saw an article about a German poker player who cheated, was discovered and went to court.  

He got three years and five months in prison and his accomplice had to pay a fine. 

In another case, the bloggers were the cheating helpers. In Germany they believe there is a ring of cheaters at the poker tables. They are trying to find out who else is involved in this case.

I am really surprised that this can happen today. I never would even think about cheating in a poker game. And what about you?




Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment