Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

FAVORITE HAND



It happens every time I play a live poker. If it is in a live tournament or private party with a friendly poker game. At least one of the players at the table starts to report about his game experience and his favorite hand in Texas Holdem.

Why is a favorite hand a favorite hand? Is it because you won more often or the biggest pot with? Or because of your lucky numbers, your birthday or your name initials? Or is it because of the statistics for these hole cards?

Any way… I don’t have a favorite hand… but a hate hand! I hate K Q! With these hole cards I am not feeling comfortable. I could say I lose the most pots with this starting hand. The statistics can really be excellent but they don’t work for me… Already before the Flop every ace is dominating you. After the flop you mostly hit a open end straight draw or gut shot. In this case you can lose a lot of your chip stack for hunting the straight that never comes. Also with suited cards you are looking for your flush and finally there is an ace high flush next to you… 

I know this can happen with other connector cards too but in my case I hit my straight or flush with other connectors than that. Doesn’t matter I am playing online or live poker.

What is your favorite hand and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment